WPS Pin Brother Printer
Brother is one of the most sought-after brands for a printer all over the world. Their ease of use and user-friendly design make them a top choice for customers. Their wireless printers in particular are very popular. A major feature involved in their wireless setup is the WPS feature. The WPS Pin Brother printer is one of the methods for setting up your wireless printer with another device. In this post, we will guide you on what exactly is WPS and where to find your printer’s WPS pin.
What is a WPS Pin for Brother Printer?
WPS stands for wifi protected setup. Your Brother printer would have a WPS button on it. In case you do not know what it is for, we have the answer for you. Using the WPS button, a printer can create a wireless network that it can then use to connect with various other devices.
When trying to connect with another device using the WPS button, the WPS pin Brother printer is shown on the display of the printer. Using the WPS feature, your printer can connect with computers, tablets, smartphones, and even some other devices.
To locate the WPS pin Brother printer, you will need to access the setup wizard of your brother printer. In the following sections, you will learn how to find it.
Finding WPS Pin Brother Printer
Below are the steps you can take to find the WPS pin for Brother printer:
- Turn on your Brother printer.
- Go to the Control Panel and press the Menu button.
- Then, using the arrow keys navigate to the network name and select the right network by pressing OK.
- Using the same arrow buttons, go to the WLAN option and select it by pressing the OK key.
- Now, use the arrow button to select the WPS w/Pin and press OK.
- Then, you will see an 8-digit pin on the screen and the printer will start searching for a router or an access point.
- After that, use your computer to open your router’s admin settings page. Go to the WPS option and enter the 8-digit pin.
This is how you can find the pin and use it to connect to a wireless network.
Finding WPS Pin Brother Printer on a Touch Screen Model
Now, we will guide you on how to find the WPS pin for your Brother Printer if you have a touchscreen model.
- Tap the menu option on the touch panel
- Then, press the Network option
- Now, select the WLAN option by tapping on it
- Tap the arrow to show the WPS pin on the screen and then tab the WPS Pin Code
- The display panel will show the 8-digit pin and start searching for the router to make a connection with.
Connecting to Devices without Using WPS Pin Brother Printer
Earlier we guided you in locating the WPS pin for your Brother printer. But, there is another way to connect your wireless printer to a network or another device. This is done by simply using the WPS button on the printer. Check out below how it’s done.
- On the Control Panel of your printer, find the WLAN option.
- Press the WPS button on your printer.
- Next, press your router’s WPS button.
- Both devices will take about 2 minutes to sync.
Just by following these simple steps, you can connect your wireless printer without needing the WPS pin Brother Printer.
Fixes for Wireless Connectivity Issues of Brother Printers
Now that you are aware of what the WPS pin brother printer is for and how to find it, let us discuss what to do when you face wireless issues. Even after you follow the steps perfectly to configure the printer with the network, your printer may still face connectivity issues. In such a case, there are some troubleshooting steps that you can take to resolve such issues.
Check out those steps below.
- Update Printer Firmware – Sometimes if your printer’s firmware is outdated, it can cause various issues. These issues include not being able to connect with a wireless network. So, to resolve this issue, you must go to Brother Printer’s official website and download the latest firmware file that is compatible with your device’s model. Then, you need to install that file by following the steps shown on the screen.
- Conduct a Power Cycle – A power cycle means disconnecting the power cord from behind a device and reinserting it after a few minutes to reboot the device. This act usually helps fix minor issues with various devices including printers. If your printer fails to connect with a wireless network, perform a power cycle on both your router and printer.
- Updating Drivers – Outdated or corrupted device drivers can also be an issue that hampers wireless connectivity in printers. You can go to Brother Printer’s official site to check to see if there is an updated version of drivers available for your printer. Download and install the driver and then restart your printer and computer.
- Check Your WIFI – If your printer is not connected to a wireless network, it may be an issue with your WIFI. Check to see if it’s working on other devices. If not, try connecting directly using an ethernet cable. These steps will tell you whether the issue is with the WIFI settings or from your ISP’s end. Once you know the cause of the issue, you can take the required steps.
By using the WPS pin Brother Printer, you can easily set up your printer with other devices wirelessly. Also, we have guided you on how you can configure your printer without needing this pin using the WPS button.
Using this guide, you should be able to handle your printer’s configuration on your own. In case you still face issues, you can contact printer experts to assist you.
Also Checkout – Brother Printer Scanner Software