Install Printer Error 0x00003eb Windows 10
The printer is a very important part of our day-to-day life. We all need a printer to get hard copies of our important files and documents within a few minutes. To use the printer for printing documents, you need to install it first on your system. The installation process is pretty simple, but sometimes users are unable to install printer Error 0x00003eb Windows 10.
This technical trouble does not let the users use their printing devices. Are you facing the same trouble with your printing device? Well! If you are unable to install printer Error 0x00003eb Windows 10, you can read this guide and find the most effective troubleshooting solution to fix your printer problems.
Troubleshooting Tips – Install Printer Error 0x00003eb
The Printer Installation Error 0x000003eb states that ‘Unable to install the printer. Operation could not be completed ( error 0x00003eb). Before you start with the printer troubleshooting, one thing you need to check and make sure that your printer drivers are up to date.
Below, we are sharing some simple and effective troubleshooting solutions that can help you to get rid of the Printer Installation Errors:
1: Check and make sure Windows Installer Service is Running
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key together from your keyboard. Now, type ‘service.msc’ and click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- After this, find the ‘Windows Installer Service’ in the displayed list. Once you find it, double click on it.
- Check your Startup type. It needs to be set to the ‘Automatic’. After that, click on the ‘Start’ button in case the service is not running already.
- Hit the Apply button followed by ‘Ok’.
- Now, try to install your printer again.
Hopefully, the aforementioned steps will surely help you to get out of the ‘unable to install printer error 0x00003eb Windows 10’ situation. In case not, proceed to the next step:
2: Perform Clean Boot
Important – You need to unplug the external devices from your computer and then try to install your printer.
Sometimes the reason behind Printer Installation Error 0x000003eb is the third party software conflicts with Microsoft Windows which causes a problem while working with Windows 10.
To troubleshoot the problem, a user needs to perform a clean boot in their Windows 10 computer and diagnose the problem by following step by step guidelines.
Once the user is done with the Clean Boot process, they can install the printer without any hassle and start printing the documents.
Method 3: Registry Fix to Install Printer Error 0x00003eb
Important- Backup the Registry before you execute the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key from the keyboard and type ‘service.msc. After this, hit the Enter button.
- Double click ‘Printer Spooler Service’. After this, click on the Stop option to stop the spooler service.
- Hit the Apply button followed by the Ok.
- After this, you need to press the ‘Windows + R’ key from your device. Enter ‘Regedit’ and click on the ‘Enter’ button to go to the ‘Registry Editor’.
- Navigate through the Registry key depending upon the architecture of your device.
1. For 32Bit System
- “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3”
2. For 64Bit System
- “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers\Version-3”.
- In the next step, you need to delete all the keys listed in ‘Version 3’. You need to click on keys and hit the delete button to remove them.
- Hit ‘Windows + R’ key from your keyboard and click the Enter button.
- Rename the folder to 3.old from 3.
- At last, start the Printer Spooler service again and try to install your printing device.
With the help of these simple guidelines, you can troubleshoot the printer installation issue you are facing with your device. If you are still unable to install printer error 0x00003eb Windows 10 troubleshooting then all you need to do is uninstall your printer completely and try to reinstall it again. You can perform printer reinstallation using the CD wizard you got with the printer.
You can also go for professional advice to get rid of this problem. The printer professionals will always share the best possible solution with you to troubleshoot the problem. So, if you want to fix the problem instantly, contact the printer experts and seek their assistance to fix the issue.