After the Windows 10 update, there are so many common problems that users face with their printing device. Problems like printer offline, driver update issues are quite common to occur. But, one of the most common problems due to which operation could not be completed error 0x00000709. Yes! This is the most common error that occurs in Windows 10 device. If you are using a single printing device, you will not face this problem, this issue usually occurs when a user tries to get the default printer in the list of installed printer. So, if your operation could not be completed error 0x00000709 and you are unable to set the default printer, read the mentioned information carefully.
How to fix 0x00000709 error?
There are many ways to troubleshoot the printer error 0x00000709 Windows 10. Following are the best one you can try to fix this problem:
Edit Windows Registry
Most of the time operation could not be completed error 0x00000709 due to registry issue. Follow the given guidelines to fix it:
- Click on ‘Windows + R’ to open the Run.
- Type ‘Regedit’ in the box and press the ‘enter’ button.
- On the Registry Window’s left side, open the following path.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Windows NT > CurrentVersion > Windows
- Right click on the ‘Windows’ folder and choose ‘Permission’ option.
- Click on ‘Administrator Account’ under the groups or usernames. Now, click on the ‘Ok’ button. Check ‘Allow’ box to give permission.
- On Registry Window, select the window present on the left side and double click on the ‘Devices’ option present on the right side of the window.
- In ‘Edit String’ dialog box, type your name and click on Ok to save the settings.
Stop the Window from Managing Default Printer Automatically
Windows can automatically choose the printing job by last time by utilizing the location and sometimes this creates error 0x00000709. So, if you want to fix 0x00000709 error, stop the windows from managing the default printer and follow the given guidelines:
- From the Start menu, open ‘Windows Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Devices’ section.
- Click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option present on the left side menu.
- Uncheck the box to disable ‘Let Windows manage my default printer’.
- Restart your computer.
Set the Default Printer Manually
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’.
- Choose the ‘Hardware and Sound’ option.
- Open the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Click on your printer and choose ‘Set as default printer’ option.
Hopefully, with these troubleshooting guidelines, you can fix 0x00000709 error on your printer. If you are still unable to resolve it, we recommend you to contact the experts and seek their advice to get rid of this problem.