Printers are always known as a very fiddly thing to set up but, in Windows 10 it is very easy to set up the printer. By following the simple step by step guidelines for Printer setup on windows 10, you can easily install the printer. So, if you also struggling to install a printer, then carefully follow the given instructions for successful Printer Setup on Windows 10.
How to set up a printer in Windows 10?
Users who are not much familiar with the Windows 10 operating system are the one who usually not able to install the printer in windows 10. But, by following the simple steps for printer setup windows on 10 anybody can set up the printer for their Windows 10 device.
Here are the simple steps to follow:
- First of all, you are supposed to sign-in to the administrator’s account of your windows 10 computer.
- Now, you have to connect the printer to your computer.
- From the desktop screen, click on the start button.
- From start menu, select the settings.
- Click on settings window and select devices.
- Devices window will open, from the “left pane” make sure that you have selected the “Printer and Scanner” category.
- Under the “Add Printers and Scanners” section, choose an option “ Add a printer or scanner”.
- Wait when your window searches for the printer connected.
Note – If your Window detects the printer, click the printer’s name and follow the onscreen instructions to finish Printer Setup on Windows 10. But if the OS fails, proceed further to complete the process.
- If no Printer is detected, select the option “ The printer that I want isn’t listed”. You can also take Printer Setup Help from the experts.
- On “Find a printer with other options” window, click to choose the “ Add a local printer or network printer” option with manual settings option.
- Click on “Next” and continue the process.
- On the “Choose a Printer Port” window, leave the default options selected and tap to “Next”.
Note – If you are an advanced user then, you can a select some other option from “Use an existing port” drop-down list. You can also manually select the port. All you need is to choose the option of creating a new port and before you click the “Next” button, mention the port in a given field.
- Now, on the “Install printer driver” windows, from the printer’s manufacturer list, choose your printer brand. If you have doubts, you can contact experts for the Locate and click on choose the printer’s specific model connected to your computer.
Note- If you have manually downloaded the printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website then, you can click the “Have Disk” button and browse the connected printer drivers.
- Click “Next” to proceed further.
- In the printer name field, enter the name for the printer and tap to next.
- Make sure “ Share this printer so that others on the network can find and use it” radio button is chosen on the Printer Sharing window.
- Enter the short share name for your printer in a “Share Name” field.
- Click on “Print a test” page button to check the printer functioning.
Select “finish” for completing the Printer Setup on Windows 10.