Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e Ways to Resolve
Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e – Printers are very important for documentation purposes. They come in different types, sizes, models, and brands. There has been great evolution noticed in printers over the years making the printing process convenient, faster, and easier. One of the best options available nowadays is printers that users can directly print from the browser.
So, the user does not need to save the webpage and print it by using the printer dialog. Though, Windows 10 users are experiencing many issues, especially Microsoft Edge users. Whenever the users try to the printer a web page from Microsoft Edge, Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e occurs.
This issue also faced by users when they try to take the printouts of PDF files. Though, the other documents can be printed without any error. Whenever the Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e occurs, printing process fails due to which the user is unable to print the web document. This situation can be very annoying thus, the problem needs to be sorted immediately.
The Configuration Error Printer 0x8007007e usually accompanied by any of the messages given below:
- The printer is experiencing the unexpected Configuration Problem 0x8007007e.
- Something went wrong.
- You can contact Microsoft to fix this problem. Here is the Error Code -0x8007007e.
- Unable to find the specified module.
Causes of Configuration Error Printer 0x8007007e :
- Corrupted or deleted files.
- Malicious software or viruses.
- Misplaced or missing PrintConfig.dll file.
Easy ways to fix the Configuration Error Printer 0x8007007e :
1. Use a Different Browser
You can use a different browser to the printer the online document or webpage. Download Google Chrome, Opera, Mozilla Firefox or any other browser which you will prefer to use as an alternative to the Microsoft Edge. Use a different browser to open the link and then print your online document from there.
Always remember that this is only the Band-Aid solution and not actually fixing your problem. This option is useful if you need to print the documents immediately otherwise proceed to the next troubleshooting step to fix the error.
2. Update Windows 10
Update the Windows 10 to assure the smooth and error-free functioning of your device and Fix Printer Error 0x8007007e. To check whether the updates are available to install:
Click ‘Search Bar’ present in the Taskbar, type ‘Windows Update’ option.
- Hit the ‘Enter’ button to search.
- Select ‘check for updates’ option from the list of search results.
- The ‘Windows Update’ window will appear on your screen.
- If your Windows device up to date, there will be a notification on your screen. Else, you will see the list of updates supposed to be installed.
3. Update Printer Driver
The Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e can also occur due to outdated printer drivers. The Windows 10 no longer supports the 32 bits program. So, make sure that you install the 64-bit version printer drivers.
Here are the steps you need to follow to update the drivers:
- Go to the search menu and type ‘Device Manager’ in the search box. Click on the ‘Enter’ button.
- Check the results and click on ‘Device Manager’.
- Find your Printer device and then right click on it.
- Select ‘Update Driver Software’ option.
- Click ‘Search Automatically for the Updated Driver Software’ and wait until the process gets completed.
If your printer is unable to find the latest updates, check the manufacturer website and install the updates manually.
4. Get Rid of Computer Junk
Sometimes Junks files can also corrupt your system files which leads to the Printer Configuration Problem 0x8007007e. To fix this problem, you need to delete the Junk files and other unnecessary files. So, try these simple troubleshooting solutions to fix the issue.
We hope that this comprehensive guide was helpful to you. It has been written in a concise manner so that your office printer is working at the full productivity level. If you still face any hardships when it comes to your printer then you can clear your doubts from our professionals.
Also Checkout – Error 0x000003eb