Network Printer Troubleshooting
The network printer allows users to the printer the documents as long as the internet connection works well. But, What if your Network Printer suddenly stops working? Well! The only solution is Network Printer Troubleshooting. If you are facing the network connectivity issues with your device, you need to troubleshoot the problem by following some simple steps. One of the most common queries of network users Why my printing device is not working. If you are also wondering how to fix the problem and bring the device back online, follow the Network Printer Troubleshooting guidelines to resolve the connection issues.
Network Printer Not Printing Windows 10, What to Do?
If your Network printer not printing Windows 10, you can try the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the problem. Here we go:
Check the Internet or Router Connection Working Fine
Check and make sure that all the cables are connected to the right ports present at the backside of the computer and router to establish a secure connection. Check the router settings to fix the Wireless Printer Problems. If you find that settings are not correct, then you need to unplug the power cord and plug it back again after sixty seconds. Sometimes, a simple restart is all you need to resolve the connectivity issues. Also, if there is some other connection problem, we recommend you to contact your Internet Service provider.
Check the Windows Connection Settings
Have you recently updated your operating system to Windows 10? Well! In that case, you need to check the settings of your device as they might have changed. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and search for the Network and Sharing Center option. Open the settings from the search results.
- On the New Window, Click on the ‘Manage Network Connections’ option.
- Right-click on your ‘Connection’ and select ‘Properties’ option form the Popup Window. On the prompt, you have to provide the Administrator Credentials to confirm.
Connect the System to Wireless Network
WiFi Routers supports the Hotspot feature so the devices close to the router can be connected to the network. In case you are facing the wireless connectivity issues, you can try the following troubleshooting guidelines to fix the problem:
- Check whether your router and modem are turned on and working fine.
- Make sure that the Wifi Switch position on your PC is set to ‘ON’.
- Click the ‘WIFI’ icon and then the ‘Diagnose and Repair’ option. If any notification or message is appearing like ‘Unable to Clear the DNS cache’ then get the touch with the professionals and get this problem sorted.
- Check and make sure that your network adapter is working fine. Reboot the device and sign in as the ‘Windows Administrator’. Click on Start>>Device Manager and expand the ‘Network Adapters’. Double click on your adapter to go to its Properties. Find ‘Device Status’ under the ‘General; tab and check whether it is working fine or not. If necessary, update the network adapter drivers.
Change the Network Sharing Settings
Changing the Network Sharing Settings can help you in Network Printer Troubleshooting. Here are the steps to follow for doing this:
- From the ‘Start’ menu, right-click on ‘Computer’ and choose ‘Properties’.
- In a New Window, find ‘Computer Name, Domain and Workgroup Settings’, click to change the settings.
- Find the ‘Computer Name’ tab and click the ‘Change’ option present in the ‘Member of ‘ section. Choose ‘Workgroup’.
- If you want to join the existing workgroup, you need to type its name in the mentioned field and click on Ok to create the workgroup.
Disable or Override the Password Protected sharing
To override password-protected sharing, you need to create the same user accounts for all the systems in a workgroup. To disable the Settings, go to the ‘Network and Sharing Center’ and find the ‘Sharing and Discovery’ option. Expand the ‘Password Protected Sharing’. Click to ‘Turn Off Password Protected Sharing’ and click ‘Apply’.
Hopefully, these guidelines will help you in Network Printer Troubleshooting. However, if your printer still tells that it is unable to work, then we recommend you to get in touch with the printer professional to get your problem resolved in a short period.