Sometimes, you get a “Printer is Offline” error on your device. Even, when you Printer and Computer are in the online state, due to some communication issues your printer status shows offline. Many of the user’s complaints saying that “My printer is offline, how to fix it?” If you are also facing the same issue and looking for a quick fix then the given methods can definitely help you out.
My printer is offline how to fix it? To fix your “Printer Offline” error, you need to make some changes in the settings from the control panel. Follow the given instructions to fix “My printer is Offline” error:
- From your computer, open the Control Panel.
- Now, you have click on “View devices and printers” option.
- Here, you can check the list of the printers that are installed on your device.
- Click on the icon of your printer and check the option set as default printer.
- Now, you have to right click on the printer to see what’s printer.
- Click the “Printer” tab present at the window top left corner.
- Here, you can check “Use Printer Offline” is enabled. You have to uncheck this option to bring your printer back online.
How to fix Offline Printer?
You can try the other method to resolve the issue.
- Open Run command box by clicking windows key+R button.
- In the text field, write “services.msc” and enter.
- From the list, find Printer Spooler services.
- Select this option and look to the left near the top-right side. Click to start this service. This will help you to fix “My Printer is offline” issue.
If your printer is still displaying an offline status and you are thinking that how to fix printer offline problem, then there are few more things which you can try to solve the problem.
Check whether your printer is connected properly to the computer- Your Printer and system must be properly connected to each other as a bad connection can also cause printer offline issue.
Install the Driver CDs of your printer – If you have upgraded the Windows recently and did not install the printer driver CD then, install it now. All the drivers must be installed properly to avoid such errors.
Restart your computer- Restart your device as this may help you to fix “ My Printer is offline” issue.
Check for the Hardware errors- Properly inspect your printer and its ports. If the problem exists in the ports then change the ports to resolve the issue.