Lexmark Firmware Error 900
Printers are like bliss for the business organization. It let users multiple hard copies of the documents in just a few minutes. The rapid advancements in technology have introduced many new features in printing technology. This printer delivers top-quality printing services to customers all around the world. Sometimes, due to some technical troubles, people face issues while printing documents. One such technical trouble is Lexmark firmware error 900 which does not let the users complete their printing tasks.
This technical error stops the printer from receiving the commands from the computer due to which it is unable to print the documents. The most popular printer brand for its advanced features and amazing printing capabilities is Lexmark.
So, if you are also struggling firmware error 900.00 and unable to execute your printing tasks, read the following guide and get the most reliable troubleshooting solution to fix this problem.
To troubleshoot Firmware Error 900.00 Lexmark Printer, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
1. Update the Firmware level of Lexmark Printer
If Firmware Code Level on your printer is not up to date, it will not support the coded loaded on the communications card of the scanner. Here, you have to check and make sure that your Lexmark’s Firmware is at P128 Level.
Here are the steps you need to follow to update the printer’s firmware level
- Go to the Menu option present on the display of the Lexmark printer.
- Click on the reports.
- Go to the Menu Settings page to begin the printing process.
- Now, under the ‘Device Information’ section, find out the Firmware Level details present next to the base.
- If the Firmware Code is below P128, move to the next troubleshooting step.
- If the Firmware Code is P128 or above, you need to get in touch with the professionals to fix this concern.
2. Cross-Check and Verify by Using the Embedded Web Server
Following the given guidelines to fix the error without facing the unwanted trouble:
- Connect your Lexmark Printer to the internet using the Ethernet Cable.
- For this, you need to open any web browser on your computer and enter the printer’s IP address in the address field.
- Go to the ‘Reports’ section.
- Click on the ‘Device Information’ option to get the required information about your printer.
- At last, you need to that the Lexmark printer firmware is at the P128 level.
3. Download and Update the Latest Firmware Code
- First of all, visit the Lexmark official website.
- Go to the ‘Supports and Downloads’ section.
- In the search bar, type the model number of your printer. Let’s say your Lexmark printer model is Lexmark T652 or T652.
- After this, click the ‘Download’ tab and check for the available latest Lexmark Firmware version.
- If the new version is available, you need to hit the ‘Download’ button and save the downloaded file on your computer.
- Click on the file downloaded and follow the on-screen guidelines to install the updated firmware.
- After completing the installation process, restart your computer.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting guidelines will help you to fix the Lexmark firmware error 900.00 on your device. The mentioned troubleshooting steps are very simple and easy to follow. But, if the same problem is still coming and affecting your printing experience, we recommend you to seek professional advice.
The printer experts can help you to identify the root cause of the problem and make sure that the same issue does not occur again in the future. So, troubleshoot the problem and continue with the normal printing process.