Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Printer Without a CD Full Guide
If you are looking to Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Without a CD then you are in the right place. We all can agree on the utility which the Pixma MG2522 model of Canon printer offers. Driver CDs are a good source to download drivers but the problem is that PCs these days don’t have support for CD drives and there is a better alternative available. So why not go for it? Worry not, We are here to tell you alternative and better ways to do so.
Wireless Printer Setup To Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Without a CD
One of the biggest edges the MG2522 has over its predecessors and many of the printers in the market these days is that it offers wireless connectivity. This enables you to access your printer from anywhere without the bondage of the wires. But if you prefer an old-school setup the printer can do that as well. It can easily connect to your PC and laptop with cables and cords if you wish to do so.
What Does It Take to Connect A Printer Over Wi-Fi?
The WPS connection is a fairly robust and protected setup. Such a connection makes it easy for you to use the network and you don’t even need a password. You may be asked for a PIN which is also optional depending on the router’s previous configurations. It is processed automatically in most cases. In order to set up a printer to Wi-Fi via the WPS network one needs the following –
- A router with the WPS button.
- A wireless network that has WPA2 or WPA password.
- WPS and Wi-Fi functionality enabled printer.
What’s better? You don’t even require a computer to connect the printer to the network during this process. Follow all the steps for a successful setup:
- Hold down your printer’s WPS button. Press it until it blinks.
- Do the same thing with the router and press the WPS buttons until or unless the light blinks.
- This will make sure that your printer is connected to the network. Remember to have some patience as this process may take up to 2 minutes to complete.
- You can proceed further to download and Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Without a CD once the printer is connected to the network.
Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Without a CD: On Mac Devices
Even though Canon printers are manufactured for ready-to-use with Mac devices one still needs to install the drivers. Proper driver installation is important for a seamless connection between your Mac device and your printer.
- You can easily find the “Driver & Support” section on Canon’s official website.
- Select the “Consumer & Home Office” option that is visible on the product type list.
- From the given pop-up you need to choose the “Drivers & Software” option.
- Make sure that you specify the Mac OS version in the drop-down menu.
- Once you are done with the above steps, then proceed with the driver download.
- After that double-click on the downloaded file and then again click on the window
- Click on Continue twice and then you have to choose “Install Printer”.
- Connect the printer to the Mac you are done with the above steps.
- Remember to connect your Mac to access the system and preferences from the Apple menu
- Choose the +Add option to add a printer to your Mac device.
- Select your printer model and then tap on it, Connection is successfully established.
Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Without a CD: On Windows Device
- When you plug the printer into your device, Windows itself will recognize the printer and then you can proceed further.
- Take out the cord which you were provided with the printer and plug in both ends respectively.
- It is important that you keep your printer turned on during the whole process.
- Go to the Start menu, look for the “Hardware & Sound” section and then click on the “Devices and Printer” option.
- Choose Canon from the pop-up window and then select the type of your printer. Then you can tap next.
- You need to determine if you want to share the printer and then click on Next. Then click on Finish. Now you are all set to print your important documents.
We hope that this article was helpful to you while you Install Canon Pixma MG2522 Without a CD. You can contact us if you face any problems while doing so. Our technical experts would be happy to help you out.
Also Checkout – Reset Canon Pixma Printer