HP Printer Won’t Scan
For all types of document work like printing, scanning, copying, etc. printers are required. There are a number of printer manufacturers but HP is the finest printer producer. HP gives you high-performance printing quality. But while using the HP printer, complain that their HP Printer Won’t Scan. This issue occurs due to faulty printer drivers or some other technical issues.
Here, in this blog, we are going to discuss some simple and easy steps to fix the HP Printer Scanner Not Working problems. Let’s get started.
Methods to fix HP printer won’t scan issue
Check out the following methods to fix the HP printer won’t scan issues.
Method 1: Check the software compatibility
If you recently updated the Windows of your computer system and your HP printer is not working properly then you need to check the software compatibility. Follow the steps below to check the platform compatibility:
- First of all, open the web browser on your computer system and go to the Windows 10 compatible page.
- Now, expand the HP model tab and check your printer model.
- If your printer model is not compatible with Windows 10 then you need to replace either the printer or platform.
Method 2: Power cycle the HP printer
Another method to resolve the HP printer scanner not working issue is power cycling the HP printer. Following are the steps to reset or power cycle the HP printer:
- First and foremost, power off your HP printer and remove the power cable.
- Next, wait for about 10-20 minutes and then reconnect your HP printer to the power source.
- Now, try to scan a document to check if the HP printer scanner not working issue is resolved or not.
Method 3: Reinstall the printer drivers
Sometimes, faulty printer drivers can interrupt the working of HP printers. In that case, you need to uninstall and then reinstall the updated printer drivers. Following are the steps to reinstall the HP printer drivers:
- First, press “Window+R” to open a run box and type “appwiz.cpl” and tap on the ok button.
- Now, go to the “program and feature” tab and tap on “HP printer software”.
- After that, choose the “uninstall” option and tap on the ok button.
- Then, restart your computer and remove your printer from the list.
- Again open the run box, type “printer” and tap on ok.
- Now, navigate to the “printer and scanner” tab and select your printer model.
- Then, tap on the “remove device” button and continue with the on-screen instruction.
- Next, go to HP’s website and download the updated printer drivers.
Method 4: Run the HP print and scan troubleshooter
You can run the HP print and scan doctor software to fix the HP printer won’t scan issues. Follow the below steps to run the HP print and scan doctor software:
- First, go to the official website of HP and download HP print and scan doctor software on your computer system.
- Now, tap on the HPPSdr.exe file to open the software.
- Then, tap on the start button and select your HP printer that is not working.
- After that, tap on the “fix scanning” option and follow the on-screen directions to fix the HP printer won’t scan issue.
We hope that the above steps will help you to fix the HP Printer Won’t Scan issue. If still, you are facing any issues even after following the above steps then feel free to contact our technical experts to fix HP Printer Scanner Not Working problems and complete your scanning task hassle-free.
Also Checkout – HP Envy Photo 7858 Troubleshooting