How to connect MacBook to the printer wirelessly?
The major task of the printer is to print the files, documents, pictures, and other content. But, for this, you need to add a printer to your Mac device. Now, you may have a query that how to set up a wireless printer on Mac without cd? Well! This is so simple, follow the guidelines for wireless printer setup on Mac and accomplish the task without any hassle. In this guide, we will show you how to set up a wireless printer on Mac without CD in a simple manner. So, read the guide and clear all the doubts and queries.
Wireless Printer Setup on Mac – Add the printer
To complete the wireless printer setup on Mac, you need to complete the three major steps to complete the setup.
- Connect the printer to the wifi network.
- Add the wireless printer on Mac.
- Use the printer to take printouts from Mac.
Connect the Printer to Wifi Network
You need to connect the printer to the wifi network and for this, you must know about your printer’s connectivity. Prefer to follow the manual to know about the basic features and functionalities supported by your printing device. You can use the SSID and password to connect the printer to a wifi network.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Make sure that the wireless network at your office or workplace is protected with the password.
- Enter the username or SSID and password to connect the printing device to wifi.
- If your printer has displayed, open the ‘Wifi Settings’.
- Type the username and password.
- Hit the Ok button.
Your printer will be connected to the wifi network and you can proceed with the Wireless Printer Setup on Mac device. Now, you will require the USB cable to set up the wireless printing. Once the setup is done, disconnect your printer from the Mac device to connect to the wireless network. Now, check for the wireless icon on your Mac device.
If the name of your printer is displaying in the ‘Available wifi networks’, directly connect it to a Mac device. If not, add the printer.
Add a printer on Mac using the wifi
If you are using the Airprint printer, you do not need to check for any software update, else update the software. Now, follow the steps to add printer:
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the Apple menu on your Mac.
- Check ‘System Preferences’.
- Click the ‘Printer and Scanners’ icon to open the new window.
- If you are unable to see the name of your printer in the list, click the ‘+’ button.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen listing the printing devices on your local network. It will take a while to find out and display the list of wireless printer for Wireless Printer Setup on Mac.
- Choose your wifi printer and tap on the Add option.
- If any pop up displays and asks you to download the software, get the download.
- The printer will be added to your Mac device successfully.
Use the printer to take printouts
- Check and make sure that the printer is turned on and connected to the wireless network. Make sure that your printer is added to the mac.
- Open any document on your Mac device and choose the ‘Print’ option.
- Go to the ‘Printer Popup’ menu to check the different options/
- Choose your printing device from the ‘Nearby Printer’ section.
- The documents will be printed on the wireless printing device.
This is how to connect MacBook to the printer wirelessly and print the documents. If you still have a doubt, go through the printer manual or get in touch with the professional.