Printer In Error State
Are you facing the trouble with Windows 10 device due to printer in Error State? Well! This problem is quite common with all the printing brands, the problem usually occurs when users upgrade their device to Windows 10 latest version. When this error, the device suddenly stops printing the documents and shows that ‘Printer in Error State’. In this guide, we are going to share some troubleshooting guidelines that can help you to fix the printer error.
How to Fix the Printer Error Status?
To fix printer Error Status, it is usually recommended to uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. In most of the cases, the reinstallation of printer drivers helps to fix the printer issues and bring back the device to its normal working track.
Below we are sharing some simple troubleshooting guidelines that can help you to fix the printer in error state windows 10. Before you begin the troubleshooting, check and make sure that your printer is turned on and connected to your Windows 10 PC through wifi or cable connection. Also, you can check for the Low ink or paper, there should be no paper jams in the printer.
If you are done with check all these factors and still facing trouble to fix Printer Error Status, follow the below mentioned instructions to resolve the issue.
Fix Printer Error Status Using Device Manager
You can make some modifications in the Port Settings through Device Manager and troubleshoot this problem. Below are the steps you can follow for doing this:
- Press the‘ Windows + R’ key from your keyboard and enter the ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the ‘Run’ dialog box and click on the ‘Enter’ button. Alternatively, you can open the Device manager with Right-click on the ‘Start’ menu and choose the ‘Device Manager’ option.
- On Device Manager, click the ‘View’ menu and choose the ‘Show Hidden Devices’ option from the drop-down list.
- Expand ‘Ports ( COM & LPT) category and right-click ‘Printer Port’, choose ‘Properties’ option.
- On port (LPT1) properties dialog, go to the ‘Port Settings’ tab and choose ‘Use any interrupt assigned to the port’ option. After that, click on the ‘Enable Legacy Plug and Play detection’ box.
- Click on the Ok button and close the Device Manager.
- Restart your Windows 10 computer and your Printer in Error State problem will be resolved. Try to print the documents. If you are still unable to do so, proceed to the next step.
Re-install the Printer Drivers
Printer driver re-installation can also help you to fix the printer issue. Here are the step-by-step guidelines for doing this on Windows 10 device:
- Right-click on the Start menu to open the Device Manager.
- On your Device Manager, expand the ‘Printers’ and find the printer from the list. Right-click on the Printer Drivers and choose ‘Uninstall Device’ option from the context menu.
- Now, you will see the warning message on your screen saying that ‘ You are about to uninstall this device from your system’, click on the ‘Ok’ option and proceed with the next step.
- Once the drivers are uninstalled, restart your device, and after that, your Windows 10 device will automatically install the printer drivers.
If you are still unable to fix printer error status, proceed to the next step:
Manually Update Printer Drivers
- If you have old printer drivers installed on your device, and Windows is also unable to update the drivers, then you can manually download them by visiting the Printer manufacturer website.
- So, visit the manufacturer website and download the latest version of printer drivers and install them by double click on it.
- The printer driver installation manually may help you to fix printer error status.
With the help of the aforementioned simple steps, you can resolve the Printer in Error State issue on your Windows 10 device. We hope that the following guidelines can help you to troubleshoot the issue. But, if you are unable to fix the problem, we recommend you to contact the experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the problem.