How to Fix PCL XL Error Windows 10
My Printer is showing the PCL XL Error. How to fix PCL XL error Windows 10? This is the most common query of the users working with Windows 10. Most of the time, the printing commands can be executed without any hassle, but there are instances when the system displays PCL XL errors. For many users, this error appears when they even try to print a single sheet of paper. The PCL is referred to Printer Command language and XL is the advanced version of PCL. the incompatibility of the version with the device causes the PCL XL issues. Instead of changing the documents, a user can simply try some troubleshooting solutions to fix this error. In this guide, we are going to teach you How to Fix PCL XL Error Windows 10. So, go through the mentioned information and see which troubleshooting step can help you to fix the problem.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix PCL XL Error in Windows 10:
Troubleshoot the printer
- Go the the ‘Windows Settings’. For this, you can simply press the ‘Windows + I’ key together using the keyboard.
- Click on the ‘Update and Security’ category and choose the ‘Troubleshoot;’ option present on the left pane.
- Find and Select the ‘Printer’ option. After that, click on the ‘Run the Troubleshooter’ button. You will see the troubleshooting wizard appearing on the screen and detecting the problem. The troubleshooting wizard will try to fix the issues automatically and if the error is still displaying, proceed with the next solution.
Modify Printer Settings
One of the most common reasons behind the PCL XL error is printer setting’s invalid configuration. Thus, to Fix PCL XL Error in Windows 10, you need to modify some printer parameters. Here is the way to do this:
- Click on the Cortana search bar, and type ‘cp’, select ‘Control panel’ from the search results displayed.
- After opening the Control Panel, check and make sure that you view the applets either in big or small icons. Select ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- If you have more than one printer, find the one having a PCL XL issue. Right-click on that printer and click on the ‘Printing Preferences’ option.
- Go to the Advanced Tab and then TrueType Font option. Set this as ‘Download As Softfont’.
- Click on ‘Send True Type as Bitmap’ drop-down menu and select the ‘Enabled’ option.
- For implementing the modifications you have done to your printer, click the ‘Apply’ option and then ‘Ok’ button.
- Restart your Windows 10 device and printer to fix the issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall Printer
Uninstallation and reinstallation of the printer can help you to fix the problem. Here is how you can do this:
- Press the ‘Windows + R’ key from the keyboard to open the ‘Run Dialog box’. Type ‘Control’ and click on ‘Control Panel’ to access it.
- Go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Find the printer facing the problem and right-click on that printer. Click to Remove or Delete the device.
- Visit your printer’s manufacturer website to download the updated printer drivers for your device model. At last, you need to reboot the device and check for the issue again.
Update Windows 10 to troubleshoot the PCL XL Error
The outdated Windows version can create conflicts in printer software which creates the PCL XL issues. Thus, it is necessary to update the operating system to the latest version to Fix PCL XL Error in Windows 10. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and click on the ‘Cog’ icon. Go to the ‘Update and Security’ section.
- Click on the ‘Check for Updates’ button present on the right pane of the page. Now, let your Windows 10 detect and install the pending updates. Once you have downloaded the update, you can start using the printer. This time you will able to Fix PCL XL Error in Windows 10 and use your device.
With the help of the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, you will able to Fix PCL XL Error in Windows 10. In case, if you are still unable to troubleshoot the issues, contact the experts and seek their assistance to fix the problem.