Why Should You Connect Brother Printer To WiFi?
These days, there are many systems with optical drives. Therefore, it is difficult to install printer drivers with the CD provided along with the printer. But, no need to worry. Still, you can install the printer driver and print your important documents. The solution is to connect your printer to WiFi. In this blog, the different ways are described to connect Brother printer to WiFi.
There are different ways to connect printers to WiFi. You can go with the one which seems easy to you. So, here you will find the steps for how to connect the brother printer to WiFi. Without wasting a second, let’s jump to the next section to learn the ways to connect Brother printers to WiFi.
Different Ways For Brother Printer Connect To WiFi
Well, in technology, there are always numerous ways to do a particular task. In case you are not successful with one, you can choose the other. Similarly, for Brother printers to connect to WiFi, there are different ways. Hence, you can choose any method which seems easy to you. These ways are:
- With the help of Wireless Direct
- With WPS i.e. WiFi Protected Setup
- Using the Ad hoc mode
So, with any of the above-mentioned methods, you can connect Brother printer to WiFi. The steps for each method are described one by one in the coming sections.
1. Connect Brother Printer Using Wireless Direct Method
Surely, you are confused with the name Wireless Direct. With Wireless Direct, you can connect your printer to the system for WiFi even without accessing the WiFi router. In this case, the printer will act as the WiFi for your system.
Here, the steps are defined for both Windows PC and Mac devices. So, follow the following steps to Brother printer connect to WiFi using the Wireless Direct.
1. To Connect Windows devices
- Connect your Brother printer to the desired Windows devices using the USB cable.
- Open the Printer Setting Tool in your system.
- Next, find the Communication Settings button, and click on it.
- Then, click on the “General Tab” in the opened dialog.
- Next, look for the “Selected Interface” in the opened list.
- Here you need to select and confirm the “Wireless Direct” mode for connecting the printer.
- After this, go to your Brother printer, and long-press the WiFi button for one second on your printer.
Note: Make sure you don’t hold the WiFi button for more than 5 seconds otherwise WPS mode gets ON.
- Confirm the printer must have WiFi function ON. For this, the WiFi LED will flash after 3-4 seconds.
- Now, go to your system, and check the available WIFi networks.
- Select your printer’s name or serial number as the SSID to connect to the WiFi network.
With this, the Wireless Direct connect is set up for Windows devices. To confirm this, the WiFi indicator will light stable in blue color.
2. To Connect Mac devices
- Connect your Brother printer to the desired Mac device using the USB cable.
- Next, open the Printer Setting Tool on your Mac device.
- Then, go to the “Wireless LAN” tab in your system.
- After this, choose the option of “Wireless Direct”, and toggle it to ON.
- Now, go to your Brother printer, and long-press the WiFi button for one second on your printer.
Note: Don’t press the button for 5 seconds or more as it will enter into WPS mode.
- Check whether the WiFi function is On for your printer. You will see the WiFi indicator flashing after every 3-4 seconds.
- Now, in your system, press the WiFi section and go to the available networks.
- Select the name or serial number of your printer as the SSID for the WiFi network.
Hence, the WiFi indicator of the Brother printer will light in blue color indicating the successful connection using Wireless Direct.
2. Connect Brother Printer Using WPS Method
With the WPS method, it is so easy to connect Brother printers to WiFi. Just follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Make sure your WiFi router must have the WPS button.
- Next, keep your printer in the range of your WiFi router.
- Now, the main part, thumb the WPS button on your router for 5 and more seconds.
- Simultaneously, you need to thumb the WPS button on your printer as well for 5 or more seconds.
- Once the connection is set up between the Brother printer and the WiFi, the WiFi indicator will light continuously.
3. Connect Brother Printer Using Ad Hoc Method
Here, there is a need to note down the point. The Ad Hoc method is not available on all devices. Moreover, for Windows devices, the Ad Hoc method is the same as the Wireless Direct method.
So, follow the instructions mentioned above for Windows. However, for Mac devices, the steps are different. Therefore, follow the steps mentioned below for Mac devices.
1. For Mac Devices
- In your Mac device, go to the Printer Driver Package, and then go to the “Utilities” folder.
- Next, go to the “Wireless Device Setup Wizard”.
- Now, this will open the on-screen instructions for establishing the connection.
- Lastly, search for your printer’s name in the available networks and connect to it.
Therefore, this finishes the steps for all the ways for Brother printer connect to WiFi.
Undoubtedly, with the right steps, it is not difficult to accomplish anything. However, in this guide, you have learned about the steps for how to connect brother printer to WiFi.
In case, you still face any issues, contact our experts, and get your query solved. So, get ready to print with the Brother printer wirelessly and get your jobs done in no time.