How to Change printer status to Offline to Online?
If you often use the printer at your home or office, then you will see that your Windows 10 printer has offline and online status. In case you are wondering how to change printers from offline to online, this post can help you. When your printer appears offline, this does not mean that your printer is not connected to the computer. This means that some error has occurred and not letting your printer print the documents. Or, you can say that your operating system changes the printer status to offline if it encounters any technical trouble. To know how to change the printer from offline to online, read this post, and follow the simple guidelines mentioned.
How to change Printer status from Offline to Online?
Following are some simple troubleshooting guidelines that can help you to change the printer status offline to online:
Restart the Printer and Check the Connectivity
When your printer is in an online state but you do not use it for a long time, the printer goes to the idle state. To bring your device back to the online state, you need to turn off the printer and wait for a minute. After that, turn on the printer again.
Connection issues are quite often to occur while using the printer. Thus, we recommend you to check the printer connections and make sure that everything is connected properly. If the solution does not fix your problem, you can proceed with the next step.
Change the Printer Status
You can change the printer status to online and start to print the documents again. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the ‘Window Settings’. For this, press and hold the ‘Windows +I’ key using the keyboard.
- Now, go to the ‘Devices>>Printers and Scanners’ option, ‘
- Select the printer appearing as the offline mode.
- Now click on the ‘Open Queue’.
- Here, you have to select ‘Choose printer offline’.
- A message will appear on your screen saying that “ this action will change the printer from offline to online.
- You may need to clear the print queue to set your printer online. There are chances that your device may appear offline because some printing job is not completed.
- Once the printer status has changed to online, your device will start to work properly.
In case this solution does not help you to fix the problem, proceed with the next one.
Run the printer troubleshoot
The printer troubleshoot comes in-built in the Windows device and helps the users to troubleshoot many of the printer related issues like driver errors, printer offline, connectivity issues, and many more. To bring your printer online, you can run the printer troubleshooter. Here are the steps to run this tool:
- Go to the Settings menu’.
- Click on Update and Security>> Troubleshoot.
- Click on the ‘printer troubleshooter’.
- The program will start scanning your printer and software for the potential troubles and resolve them.
Printer offline errors are quite common to occur with any printer device and stops the users from printing the document. If your printer is not working and appearing offline you can follow the steps above and troubleshoot the issue. All the steps are simple and let you bring your device to online mode, But, if you are still confused about How to Change printer status to Offline to Online, we recommend you contact the printer experts and take their advice. The experts can suggest the best possible solution to your problem and make sure that you have the best printing experience.