How to Install and Connect Canon Printer Wireless to Mac
Canon is known for manufacturing devices like computers, printers, and other peripherals. This brand has ranked number one for manufacturing the best quality printer to share-worthy printing experience with the users. Have to just purchased a new Canon printer and struggle to find how to connect a Canon printer to Mac? Relax! We are here to help you. In this guide, we are going to discuss to process how to add a canon printer to Mac. So, read the provided information carefully and get answers to all your printer setup-related queries.
Add Canon Printer To Mac
It is very simple to complete the Canon printer Setup in the Mac device. The initial setup guidelines include the unboxing of the Canon printer, setting the preferences, installation of ink cartridges and printer drivers. In the new Canon printer models, the driver comes pre-installed whereas, in the previous versions, you need to install the drivers manually.
Below, we are sharing the step by step guidelines to Setup Canon printer on a Mac device:
- Start with the unboxing of your Canon Printer. After you unpack the printer, proceed with the setup process by following the next step.
- Now, you need to connect the Canon printer to a power outlet. For this, plug in one end of the power cable to the printer and the other end to a power socket to provide a power supply to the printer.
- Turn on the printer. Once the device is turned on, it will ask for the preferences. You can save settings like Language, Region, and Time for the future.
- Pull out the input tray from the printer and load the tray with plain paper. Make sure you align and properly place the paper. After this, you are supposed to install the Ink cartridges.
- Lift the Ink cartridges to access the door up. Wait and let the carriage slot slides to the one end of your Canon printer and goes to idle. Place the cartridges properly into the slot. Close the access door of the cartridge and test the printer to complete the setup.
- Install the right printer drivers for the Mac device. Drivers are important for the printer to work. You can download the drivers from the printer’s official website.
- If you are using the CD for printer installation. Install it and agree with the terms and conditions. Once the downloading is completed, go to the file download location and double click to begin the installation process.
- Give the permissions and allow the software to get installed on your device. Select the connection mode and follow the onscreen guidelines to set up the Canon printer in Mac.
Once you are done with the setup, print the test report to check if your printer is functioning properly or not. In case, you are unable to complete the Canon printer setup in Mac, we recommend you contact the experts and seek their assistance to complete the printer setup without any hassle. Once you are done, you can start printing the documents using the Canon printer and Mac device.