How do I find the IP address of my printer?
I want to know my printer IP address, How do I find the IP Address of my printer? Finding the IP address is not difficult, all you need is to follow the simple steps. In this post, we are going to share the simple steps that can help to trace the IP address of your device. So, read on and follow the guidelines to know ‘How do I Find IP Address of my printer’. Here we go.
An IP address is the unique identifier of the computer on the network. There are different ways to find Printer IP addresses and below we have explained all. Keep read and find below.
Method 1: Using the Printer Display
If your printer comes with the LCD panel, you can use it to find the IP address of your device. The option is present in the settings menu. So, go to the Settings and click the option to know the IP address. The address will be displayed on your screen.
Method 2: Find the IP Address through Printing Configuration Sheet
Many Wireless printing devices list their IP address on the ‘Configuration’ page. To print the configuration page you can press the ‘Power’ button for about 10 seconds.
- In some of the printing devices, you can also print the configuration page from the Control or Setting Panel. For this, you need can click on the Menu>> Information>>Print Configuration.
- If your printer is different, you can check the User manual to see if the IP address of your device is listed or not. Or, is there any method for printing the Configuration page.
Method3: Find the IP Address using the router
If your Network printer supports the DHCP, you can find the IP address of the device just by simply login to your router.
- Turn on the printer so that you can connect it to your router.
- Now, you need to open Google Chrome or you can use any other web browser. In the URL bar, type the IP address of your router and then hit the Enter button.
Important: Your router IP address can be different.
- On the next screen appearing, you need to login to the router by entering the ‘Username’ and ‘password’.
- After the successful login, you can easily find the IP address of your printer through the ‘Wireless Client’ list.
Hopefully, these steps will help you to know ‘how do I find the ip address of my printer’. But, if you are still unable to find the IP address of your printer, you can find it using the Settings menu.
Find the IP Address of Printer Using Settings
You can go to the Settings to find the IP address of your printer device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Settings and click on the ‘Devices’ tab.
- On the next screen, you need to click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option. In the Right pane, you can find the printer and click on the ‘Manage’ option.
- Now, select your printer and choose the ‘Printer Properties’ option.
- On this screen, you should be able to find the IP address in the General Tab’s location menu.
- If the IP address is not present in the ‘General’ tab, you can click on the ‘Port’ tab having the Checkmark.
We hope that these steps will help you to find Printer IP address. The steps are simple. But, if you are still unable to fix the concern, we recommend you contact the printer experts and take their advice. The experts can help you to find the best possible solution to the problem and make sure that you have the best printing experience.