Guide To Fix This Printer Issue: Error 0x000003eb
Seeing the error code Error 0x000003eb while installing a new printer is nothing less than a nightmare. But you no longer have to worry as you are in the right place. The error message itself doesn’t give out much information about the code. So here we discuss how to effectively fix this issue.
When you troubleshoot the issue you will come to the conclusion that there is definitely a problem with the drivers. There might be a case that the drivers are corrupt or incompatible.
And in most cases, it is found that the installation or the connectivity error occurs due to corrupt drivers. So now let’s jump to the solution to this problem.
Fixing: Operation Failed With Error 0x000003eb
Make sure to create a system restore point just in case something goes wrong during the process.
Method 1: Ensure That The Windows Installer Is Working
- First of all press the Windows key + R and then type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- Then look for the Windows installer service in the list and then double-click on it.
- Ensure that the startup type is set to automatic and then click on the Start button if the service is not working already.
- Click on Apply Changes and then OK.
- Then you have to again try to install the printer.
Method 2: Do A Clean Boot to fix the Error 0x000003eb
Note: Ensure that you have plugged out all the external devices from the PC and then try to install the printer.
At times third-party software and applications can interfere with Windows and thus cause Error 0x000003eb. To get rid of this issue the first thing that you need to do is to perform a clean boot on your PC and then proceed to diagnose the issue step by step.
- Once you are done with the clean boot, then try to connect the printer and see if the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Fixing Registry
Note: Before you perform the following steps make sure you prepare a registry backup.
- For a start, you need to press the Windows and R keys together and then hit Enter.
- Then you need to double-click on the Print Spooler Service and click on Stop. This will stop the spooler service.
- Apply these changes and press OK.
- Now you need to again press the Windows Key and R together and type RegEdit and then press the Enter key.
- Navigate the registry keys based on your system’s architecture, i.e 64-bit or 34-bit.
- Delete all the keys that are listed under version 3 by simply right-clicking on them and selecting the Delete option.
- Type W32X86 in the Windows + R popup, this will lead you to the folder in C drive.
- You then have to rename the folder’s name from 3 to 3.old.
- Again initiate the Printer Spooler Service and try to install the printers.
If you still face the same problem then you should completely uninstall the printer and try it from scratch. If possible then install the drivers from the Driver CD itself or you simply go to the manufacturer’s website for a secure download. After installation, make sure to add the Printer option as well. This would have resolved the Operation Failed With Error 0x000003eb issue.
This comprehensive guide aims to provide you with quick and easy fixes for the Error 0x000003eb for your printer. We have tried to inculcate all the necessary points required to do so as well. If you still face any problems with the error code or are not able to restart then you can contact our experts for help.
Also Checkout – Install Printer Error 0x000003eb Windows 10