Epson scan not working windows 10
After the operating system upgrade, the Epson scan not working Windows 10 is a quite common problem faced by the Epson users. This problem is not common only with the Epson, but the other printer brands as well. There could be so many reasons behind the occurrence of this issue from the outdated drivers to compatibility issues. Is your Epson scan not working Windows 10? Don’t worry, below are going to share some simple troubleshooting guidelines that can help you to fix scanner problems so you can continue with normal functions.
Epson Scan Not Responding in Windows 10
- If your Epson Scan Not Responding, you can click on the Start button. Now, locate the ‘Epson Folder’, open it and choose the ‘Epson Scan Settings’ option. Here, you have to click on ‘Network’ and choose the ‘Add’ option, this will start searching for the IP address.
- Double click on the IP address and click on the ‘Edit’ option to rename it.
- At last, click on the Ok button.
Check Compatibility Mode
If your Epson scan not working windows 10, then check if it is set in the Compatibility Mode. to determine whether the scanner is in compatibility mode or not, follow the given instructions.
Right-click on the ‘Scanner’ icon and choose the ‘Properties’ option from the menu list. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and find the ‘Run’ option. Uncheck this option, and click on the ‘Ok’ option to activate.
Check Windows Services
- You have to check the status of some necessary Windows services. Open the Run dialog box and type ‘services.msc’ in it. Click on the Ok button.
- Now, you need to locate the ‘Windows Image Acquisition’ service. Right-click on that service and choose the ‘Properties’ option.
- Here, you need to check and make sure that Startup Type is ‘Automatic’ and Service Status is ‘Running’.
- At last, click the ‘Apply’ button and check your scanner, it should be working.
Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
You can run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps you to fix the Epson scan not responding error. To run the troubleshooter, go to the Start Search box and type the following command:
msdt.exe /id DeviceDiagnostic
Hit the enter button. The hardware troubleshooter may help you to fix this problem.
Update the Scanner Drivers
Sometimes, the drivers do not work after Windows 10 update and create trouble in the working of the scanner. Thus, you can consider updating the scanner drivers to fix your
Epson Scan not Responding problem. If you want to manually update the drivers, visit the Epson’s official website and go to the ‘Driver Download’ section. There, you will get the drivers for your device. Follow the on-screen guidelines and get the drivers downloaded for the scanner.
With these simple guidelines, you can troubleshoot the Epson Scan Not Responding problem. If you still need help, you can contact the scanner experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the concern.