My Epson Printer Won’t Print in Black
Epson is the most trusted printer brand and very popular among users worldwide. The Epson range is known for delivering outstanding performance and amazing printing quality. In spite of having the most advanced printing features, there are some technical troubles associated with the Epson printers. One of the most common concerns with the device is the Epson printer, not printing black. This problem may appear a little, but if you ignore this technical issue, it can bring serious troubles in the future. In this guide, we are going to discuss some simple and easy troubleshooting solutions that may help you to troubleshoot the Epson printer not printing black problem. So, read the guide carefully and find the most reliable solution to your problem.
Why is the Epson printer not printing Black Ink?
There are several reasons due to which the Epson printer may not able to print the Black Ink. Some major reasons are listed below:
Problems with the Printhead
Epson printers have built-in printheads. But, sometimes due to improper maintenance and prolonged use of the device causes trouble in the printhead. In such a scenario, it is recommended to change the printhead. Also, the installation of incompatible printing heads can cause the Epson Printer problems and the device stops printing in black.
Clogged Printer Nozzles
Clogged Printer Nozzles can also stop your printer from printing the documents in black. The accumulation of dirt and dust particles block the print nozzles and affect the functioning of the printer.
Insufficient Ink in the Printer Ink Cartridge
The low ink level can also disrupt the printing functioning. You may notice the missing word or faded phrases the documents after printing which is because of insufficient tink in the cartridges.
Troubleshooting Guidelines to Fix the Epson Printer Not Printing
Black is the most preferred color for printing the document. So, if your Epson printer not printing black ink, you need to follow the given troubleshooting guidelines to fix the problems:
Clean the Printhead
There are different ways of cleaning the printheads. Either you can do it manually or automatically. We suggest you clean the print head automatically.
To clean the print head automatically, you can use the ‘Head Cleaning Utility’ in your device. The Steps to use this will depend upon the operating system you are using:
If you are using the Windows operating system, follow the guidelines:
- Turn on your printing device. Open the printer software using your PC. Click the ‘Utility’ tab and hit the ‘Head Cleaning’ button.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to execute the process of cleaning. Do not turn off your printing device.
- When power lights start blinking, open ‘Head Cleaning’ dialog box. Select the ‘Print Nozzle Check Pattern’ option.
This will help in troubleshooting the Epson printer not printing issue with your device.
You can follow the guidelines provided below to perform the Automatic Printhead Cleaning on your MAC device:
- Turn on your Epson printer.
- Open the ‘Printer Setup Dialog Box’. Tap on the ‘Utility’ icon and click on the ‘Head Cleaning’ button.
- Follow the guidelines displaying on the screen to clean the printheads. When the power light stops blinking, hit the ‘Confirmation’ button present in the ‘Head Cleaning’ dialog box.
Check Ink Cartridge
Check the Ink Cartridge and follow the below-mentioned guidelines to troubleshoot the concern:
- Check and make sure that there is enough ink present in the Ink cartridges. If not, you need to replace the cartridges.
- Check and make sure that ink cartridges are properly placed in the correct slot. The wrong installation may cause host errors.
- Remove the double tape from in cartridges.
- If the printer is unable to recognizer the Ink cartridge, try them replacing with the new one.
So, if you want to troubleshoot Epson Printer problems, follow these steps.
Change Paper Settings
If the reason behind the Epson printer not printing black is not the ink cartridge or neither the printhead, you need to check the printer software and drivers. There could be some problem with your printer software. So, check it and troubleshoot it. Some simple changes in the paper printer setting can also help you to get rid of the trouble. Thus, make the necessary changes.
In case you need professional advice, do not hesitate to contact your printer manufacturer and take expert assistance.