Why Should You Do Canon Printer Setup?
In terms of ease of use, Canon printers are the best. Once you bought the Canon printer, the important step is to do the Canon printer setup. It is a very simple task. The only thing you need to do is to do it in the right manner.
So, in this blog, you will find every detail about the Canon printer setup and its installation. Here, you will get to know different ways to connect the printer to the system and do its setup. So, let’s start your journey and go step by step to make your printer workable.
How To Setup a Canon Printer?
Setting up the Canon printer is not a difficult task. You just need to go with the two basic steps, and your printer is ready to use.
- First, you need to connect your printer and the system.
- Next, you need to install the required printer driver to your system.
Now, for both steps, there are different ways to complete them. Also, this blog describes all the different ways to complete the setup. So, if you are having a question about how to set up a Canon printer, then this blog is for you.
Now, in the next section, first, you will get to know the different ways to connect the printer and the system.
Three Different Ways To Connect Printer And System
As the heading describes, there are three different ways to connect the printer to the system. These three different ways are mentioned below:
- Using the USB cable
- Over the Wi-Fi connection or wireless connection
- Using the wired connection of the network
So, one by one, the above-mentioned ways are described in detail.
1. Connecting Printer Using USB Cable
Using this method, you can connect the printer to the system directly. For this, you only need the USB cable to complete the connection. Just do the following to complete the connection.
- Take one end of the USB cable and connect it to your Canon printer.
- Plug in the other end of the USB cable to the system with which you want to connect the printer.
- Connect the Canon printer to the power source and turn on your printer.
After this, you can start with the installation process of the printer driver discussed later in this blog.
2. Connecting Printer Using WiFi Network
Now, for completing the Canon printer setup WiFi, you need to go this way. The only must thing is to have both devices over the same wireless network.
Moreover, in this way, you can print from any device present over the same wireless network. So, to complete the Canon wireless printer setup, go with the following steps:
- Plug in your Canon printer to the power source and power it on.
- Then, on your printer’s control panel, use the arrow keys to select the Menu option on the printer’s display.
- Next, select Network Settings from the available options.
- From that option, select the Wireless LAN option, and then press OK.
- Again, from the two available options, select the Wireless LAN settings option and then OK.
- In the next step, you will find the box to enter your network details like network name and password.
- So, select the network name and then, enter the password carefully.
With the completion of the above step, you have connected your Canon printer over the wireless network.
3. Connecting Printer Using Wired Network
Finally, there is another option to connect the system using the wired network. With this method also, you can use the same printer from multiple devices over the same wired network. The only thing you need in this method is an ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the printer and the other to the system.
- Next, plug in the printer to the power source, and turn it on.
- Then, go to the Network Settings option from the Menu on the printer’s display.
- Now, select the option of the Wired LAN from the Network Settings.
With this, your printer automatically detects the wired network, and gets connected to it. After all these steps, you are ready to go for the installation of the printer driver to complete the setup.
Installing Printer Driver To Complete Canon Printer Setup
In the previous steps, you get to know the ways to connect the printer and the system. With those steps, you have completed half the work. Now, here in this section, you will complete the remaining work, and make your printer workable.
So, you need to do the installation of the printer driver. The only thing you need to take care of is installing the updated printer driver to make the printer work.
Now, when you will start the installation of the printer driver, there are two different things that can happen.
- Either your system will automatically detect the printer and show you the recommended printer driver.
- Or, you need to download the required printer driver from the Canon Support web page.
1. Automatic Installation Of Printer Driver
In this, when you have connected the printer and the system, then your system will automatically detect the printer driver.
- After the automatic detection, the dialog box with the on-screen instructions will open.
- Go with the on-screen instructions, and complete the installation of the printer driver.
This way, you will complete the automatic setup of the Canon printer. You can also buy the CD if it is provided with the printer. Otherwise, you can go with the next method to install the printer driver.
2. Manual Installation Of Printer Driver
In case, you don’t find the automatic dialog box, then you need to complete it manually. For this, go with the following steps:
- Open the Canon Support webpage in your web browser.
- From the web page, select the model of your printer. You can also search for it in the search bar.
- Select the option of printer driver download.
- Next, select the required printer driver or the recommended printer driver.
- Click on the download link.
- Wait for the download to complete.Open the downloaded file.
- The dialog box with on-screen instructions will open up.
- Go with on-screen instructions and finish the installation process.
With this, your Canon printer setup is completed. Now, you can use your Canon printer for printing jobs.
Wrapping Up Canon Printer Setup
At last, in this blog, you have learned the steps for how to set up a Canon printer. Here, you have found all the ways to connect the printer and the system, then, the installation of the printer driver.
So, this blog contains all the details for the Canon printer setup. In case, you still found issues during the installation process, contact us for a fast resolution of your issue. Our Canon support team is here to help you. So, get ready to print with the Canon Printer Installation and Setup.