Canon is becoming more popular day by day due to its durability, innovative design, and quality printing services. But like other electronic devices, Canon may encounter technical problems like the Canon Printer Not Printing Properly. That is very frustrating. If you are facing issues with your Canon printer then you need to identify the reason for the issue. Low ink levels or dust inside the printer can cause printing problems.
If you want to know how to fix the Canon Printer Printing Problems then read the complete blog till the end and follow the below step-by-step instructions.
Reasons why Canon printer not printing properly
Following are the possible reasons for the Canon printer not printing properly:
- Print job stuck or paper jam issue.
- Faulty wireless connection.
- Fluctuating power supply.
- Outdated firmware or firewall.
- Outdated printer drivers.
- Corrupt or incompatible printer drivers.
- Printer is unable to establish a secure wireless connection.
- Faulty cartridge vent.
- Dusty printhead.
These are possible reasons that can cause the Canon printer printing problems. However, you can fix these issues by following some troubleshooting tricks. Check out the following troubleshooting methods to fix the canon printer not printing properly.
Fix 1: Restart your Canon printer
Restarting the printer can resolve several issues related to the Canon printer. Here are the steps to restart the Canon printer:
- First and foremost, turn off your printer by pressing the power button on it.
- After that, disconnect the power adapter, USB, or ethernet cable from the printer.
- After two minutes, reconnect the USB cable and power adapter to the Canon printer.
- Now, switch on the power supply and press the power button to turn on the printer.
Fix 2: Check the ink cartridges of the printer
Ensure that there is sufficient ink in the ink cartridges. If the ink level is low then follow the below steps to replace the ink cartridges:
- First, open the ink cartridge’s access door and gently remove the ink cartridge.
- If the ink level is low in the cartridges then you need to replace it immediately.
- Place the new ink cartridges into their respective slots and close the ink cartridge’s access door.
- Now, try to print a test document to check if the Canon printer is printing properly or not.
Fix 3: Install the updated printer drivers
Incompatible or faulty printer drivers can restrict your printer to print. In that situation, you need to download and install the updated printer drivers for your Canon printer. You can install the printer drivers from the installation CD that comes along with the printer. If you don’t have the installation CD then you need to go to Canon’s official website to download and install the updated printer drivers.
Fix 4: Change the Canon printer settings
Make sure that you have enabled the color printing option. Following are the steps to change the Canon printer settings:
- First of all, tap on the start button on the computer and go to the “settings” tab.
- Next, navigate to the “printer and scanner” option and select your Canon printer model.
- Then, move to the “properties” section and check if you enabled the “color printing” option.
Although Canon printers are smart printers of modern times, you can face Canon Printer Printing Problems. Follow these simple steps and fix Canon Printer Not Printing Properly issues to enjoy flawless printing.
Also Checkout – Canon Printer Not Printing Correct Colors