Why Do We Need a Canon Printer Driver Download?
It is very important to have a good printer for better prints. Canon printers are the ones providing constantly better quality and ease of use. But, these days, to make the printers work, it is important to complete the Canon printer driver download.
Without drivers, you cannot print the files from your system. Well, there is no need to worry as it is not difficult to download the Canon Printer drivers. In this blog, you will find the steps to download the Canon printer driver on Windows and Mac PC. So, let’s start downloading it with us!
How To Download Canon Printer Drivers For Mac?
First, you will get to know the steps to download the Canon Printer drivers for Mac. In case you are looking for the Windows Pc, then you need to jump to the next section. So, follow the steps mentioned below to download Canon printer drivers for Mac.
Steps to Download Canon Printer Drivers For Mac
The very first thing you need to keep in your mind is your Mac OS version. Your Mac OS should be between macOS 10.13.6 – macOS 13.0.1. Also, make sure your printer is added to the system before installation. Now, after checking the Mac OS version of your system, you need to go with the following steps:
- First, you must get the link to the driver download in your email id or on the Canon website.
- Click on the link mentioned in step 1. It will start the download for the required file.
- Now, you will find the downloaded file on the desktop.
- Next, you need to double-click on the file for mounting the Disk image.
- Then, you need to double-click on the mounted Disk image.
- In the next step, find the Installer file in the list of the folder.
- You need to double-click on the Installer file.
Finally, you will see that the installation has started. In no time, you are able to print files from your Mac system. There may be a case that your printer is not added to the system after updating the macOS.
In that case, after updating the macOS, follow the following steps:
- Check if Internet Printing Protocol is selected for the [Protocol] option.
- In this case, select the LPD i.e. Line Printer Daemon.
- Next, add your printer, and follow the above-mentioned steps.
Canon Printer Drivers are Not Available!
Are you using the Pixma TR or the Canoscan model? In that case, you will not find any link for the printer driver download. It is so because these models use the AirPrint technology and Canon printer drivers are not available for these Canon printer models.
So, it means, you don’t need to download any printer driver for your macOS system. Now, for the printers with the AirPrint technology, you need to go with the below-mentioned steps for Mac:
- First, connect your printer to your Macintosh using a USB or network connection.
- Now, you will see the printer name in the list of printers.
- Select the name of your printer and click on Add to add your printer to the system.
- Download the software package from the Canon website for your model and complete the download of Canon printer drivers Macintosh.
With this, you have completed the steps for downloading the Canon printer drivers for Mac. Now, in the next section, the steps for the Windows OS are discussed.
How To Download Canon Printer Drivers For Windows 10?
It is so easy to download the Canon printer drivers for Windows 10. You just need to follow the steps mentioned below and your printer is connected again. Before you start the installation, it is important to update your operating system.
It is important to update the system otherwise the printer will not respond properly. So, go with the following steps to make your printer work with Windows 10 in no time:
1: At the very first, open the web browser of your choice on your system.
2: Then, type the Canon Support Page in the search bar and browse the results.
3: After visiting the Canon Support page, you will see the different models of the printer on the page.
4: Now, select the model of your printer.
5: In case, you don’t find the model of your printer, then type it in the box and search for it.
6: Next, if your printer model is available, then it will appear below the box.
Note that, it is very important to type the model the same as it is shown on the printer.
7: Click on the required model number of your printer.
8: Now, you will land on the Support page for your printer’s model.
9: Select the Software and Drivers button out of the available options.
10: Next, click on the Download button to download the recommended printer driver from the list of drivers.
11: Wait for the download to get complete.
12: Once the download is complete, go to the downloaded file location.
13: The setup and installation wizard will open for your printer.
14: Simply, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the installation of the printer driver.
Printer Drivers Are Already Downloaded!
There are instances when the installation is done for the printer drivers, but still, the printer is not working properly. Well, if the drivers are not updated, then this can also lead to the improper working of the printer. Therefore, in this case, you need to update the drivers for your printer. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, open the Device Manager in your system. For this, you can type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run Dialog box.
- Click on the OK button to go to the Device Manager Window.
- Next, search for the “Print Queues” option in the list.
- Now, under the “Print Queues” list, search for the name of your Canon printer.
- Do the right click on the name of your Canon printer mentioned in the list.
- It will open the list of options. Then, select the option of Update driver from the list.
- Click on the “Search Automatically” option for the updated driver.
- At last, restart your system in order to apply the updated changes.
Therefore, with this,you have updated the printer drivers. Now, you can print with your Canon printer without any obstruction.
So, this blog contains all the information you need for the Canon printer drivers. Here, you will find all the details for downloading, installing, and updating the drivers for the Canon printer. Moreover, every little detail is discussed here for the Canon printer so that you don’t face any sort of issue.
But still, if you face any issues downloading the Canon printer driver, then you can contact our Canon Support team. They are available 24/7 to help you with your queries and resolve them in no time. So, enjoy hassle-free printing with Canon.
Also Checkout – Canon Printer Installation