Troubleshooting Canon Pixma Setup Issues: How to Fix Common Problems
Canon Pixma is recognized for its best printing quality. Setting up your Canon Pixma printer is an essential process to ensure smooth printing operations. The Canon Pixma Setup may vary with different devices, but it is crucial to follow specific steps to prevent any confusion. It is important to set up your Canon Pixma printer to get the maximum output from it. A successful setup process can save you time and effort. In short, a proper setup process can enhance your printing experience and help you avoid any unexpected issues in the future.
How To Do Canon Pixma Printer Setup?
There are different ways to do the Canon Pixma printer setup. One can do it with the CD, or wirelessly. It is very easy to do with the CD. The CD is provided when you buy the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer. To do the Canon printer setup, just go with the following steps:
- Insert the setup CD into the optical drive of your system.
- Your system will detect the CD, and open the dialog box on your system.
- Go with the on-screen instructions and finish the installation of the printer driver.
So, this will complete the Canon Pixma MG2522 setup. But, as you know, these days, there are no optical drives provided with the systems. Therefore, the only option left is to complete the setup wirelessly. So, to learn about wireless setup, go to the next heading.
Learn To Do Canon Pixma MG2522 Wireless Setup
With the wireless setup, things have become so easy. You can complete the setup whenever you want over the internet. There is no need to keep the CD provided with it. Even when there is no optical drive provided, then you are left with the option of a wireless setup.
But, to complete the wireless setup, there is a need to connect the printer and system to the same network. For this, your router and printer must have the WPS button. Next, to connect the printer wirelessly to the network, do the following:
- Press the WPS button on the Canon printer.
- Keep the button pressed till the light blinks.
- Then, keep the WPS pressed on the router as well.
- In the same way, keep it pressed till the WPS light blinks.
- You need to wait for 2-3 minutes.
- When the light stops blinking, it means your printer and system are connected.
There is one benefit of using the wireless setup for the printer. With this, you can print from any device connected to the same network. It means, there is no need to go to the particular device for printing. So, after connecting the printer to the wireless network, let’s start with the wireless setup.
Steps For Setup On Mac
As your printer is now connected to the wireless network, then use the Mac device connected to the same network. Follow the mentioned below steps to complete the setup on Mac:
- Open the updated web browser, and go to the official website of Canon.
- Next, find “Driver and Support” and click on it.
- Go to the Product Type list.Then, select the option “Consumer and Home Office”.
- The pop-up menu will open. Choose the option of “Drivers and Software”.
- In that section, select the Mac OS version of your system from the drop-down list.
- Select the recommended printer driver, and click on its download link.
- Open the file you have downloaded, and click on the opened window.
- Click on Continue two times, and select the option of “Install printer”.
- To add the printer to your Mac system, go to the Apple menu.
- Select the option of System and Preferences.
- Click on the “+Add” for adding the printer to your Mac system.
- Select the name of your printer, and make sure it is added to the list.
This completes the Canon Pixma setup for Mac systems. Now, learn about Windows devices.
Steps For Setup On Windows
There is not much difference between Mac and Windows. But, some points need to be taken care of. Therefore, go with the following steps to complete the Canon Pixma MG2522 setup in Windows:
- When you connect the printer to the system, then Windows will automatically detect it.
- Power on your Canon printer, and connect the printer to the Windows system with the help of a USB.
- Click on menu.Select, Hardware and Software section, then “Devices & Printer”.
- Select the Canon from the list shown.Next, choose the name of your printer, and click on the Next button.
- Finally, click the Finish button, and the setup is completed.
- In case, your system didn’t recognize the printer, then repeat steps 1 to 6 from the above section.
Troubleshooting Common Canon Pixma Setup Issues
- Firstly, if you are unable to connect your Canon printer to Wi-Fi, make sure that you have entered the correct Wi-Fi password and that your printer and router are within range of each other. Resetting your printer’s network settings and restarting your router may also help.
- Secondly, if your Canon printer is not printing, check whether the printer is turned on and there is sufficient ink and paper in the printer. Also, make sure that your printer is selected as the default printer in your system settings.
- Thirdly, if you are facing Canon printer offline issues, try restarting your printer and checking the printer connection. You can also try resetting the printer’s settings or reinstalling the printer drivers.
- Finally, if you are facing Canon Pixma driver installation problems, make sure that you have downloaded the correct drivers for your printer model from the official Canon website. Also, ensure that you have followed the correct installation procedure.