Why Do Canon Pixma Setup?
As you know, Canon printers are recognized for the best printing quality. From the inkjet printers, Canon Pixma MG2522 is one of the best printers. With the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer, you can print in black and color. But, to do this, first, you need to do Canon Pixma Setup. It is an easy task and one can do it on their own.
This blog defines all the steps in detail for the setup. As the Mac and the Windows are two different operating systems, the steps to do Canon Pixma Setup are also different. So, in this blog, let’s find out how to do this for both.
How To Do Canon Pixma Printer Setup?
There are different ways to do the Canon Pixma printer setup. One can do it with the CD, or wirelessly. It is very easy to do with the CD. The CD is provided when you buy the Canon Pixma MG2522 printer. To do the Canon printer setup, just go with the following steps:
- Insert the setup CD into the optical drive of your system.
- Your system will detect the CD, and open the dialog box on your system.
- Go with the on-screen instructions and finish the installation of the printer driver.
So, this will complete the Canon Pixma MG2522 setup. But, as you know, these days, there are no optical drives provided with the systems. Therefore, the only option left is to complete the setup wirelessly. So, to learn about wireless setup, go to the next heading.
Learn To Do Canon Pixma MG2522 Wireless Setup
With the wireless setup, things have become so easy. You can complete the setup whenever you want over the internet. There is no need to keep the CD provided with it. Even when there is no optical drive provided, then you are left with the option of a wireless setup.
But, to complete the wireless setup, there is a need to connect the printer and system to the same network. For this, your router and printer must have the WPS button. Next, to connect the printer wirelessly to the network, do the following:
- Press the WPS button on the Canon printer.
- Keep the button pressed till the light blinks.
- Then, keep the WPS pressed on the router as well.
- In the same way, keep it pressed till the WPS light blinks.
- You need to wait for 2-3 minutes.
- When the light stops blinking, it means your printer and system are connected.
There is one benefit of using the wireless setup for the printer. With this, you can print from any device connected to the same network. It means, there is no need to go to the particular device for printing. So, after connecting the printer to the wireless network, let’s start with the Canon Pixma MG2522 wireless setup.
Steps For Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup On Mac
As your printer is now connected to the wireless network, then use the Mac device connected to the same network.
Follow the steps mentioned below to complete the wireless setup of the printer on Mac:
- Open the updated web browser, and go to the official website of Canon.
- Next, find “Driver and Support” and click on it.
- Go to the Product Type list.Then, select the option “Consumer and Home Office”.
- The pop-up menu will open. Choose the option of “Drivers and Software”.
- In that section, select the Mac OS version of your system from the drop-down list.
- Select the recommended printer driver, and click on its download link.
- Open the file you have downloaded, and click on the opened window.
- Click on Continue two times, and select the option of “Install printer”.
- To add the printer to your Mac system, go to the Apple menu.
- Select the option of System and Preferences.
- Click on the “+Add” for adding the printer to your Mac system.
- Select the name of your printer, and make sure it is added to the list.
This completes the Canon Pixma setup for Mac systems. Now, learn about Windows devices.
Steps For Canon Pixma MG2522 Setup On Windows
There is not much difference between Mac and Windows. But, some points need to be taken care of. Therefore, go with the following steps to complete the Canon Pixma MG2522 setup in Windows:
- When you connect the printer to the system, then Windows will automatically detect it.
- Power on your Canon printer, and connect the printer to the Windows system with the help of a USB.
- Click on menu.Select, Hardware and Software section, then “Devices & Printer”.
- Select the Canon from the list shown.Next, choose the name of your printer, and click on the Next button.
- Finally, click the Finish button, and the setup is completed.
- In case, your system didn’t recognize the printer, then repeat steps 1 to 6 from the above section.
Still Facing Issue In Canon Pixma Setup
This blog is a perfect guide for you to complete the Canon Pixma setup. In case you still face any issues, contact our experts to help you out. They are available 24X7 and will provide you solutions in no minute. So, get ready to print with Canon.