Add printer to computer
A printer is a very useful tool; it allows the users to print the documents from your computer. But to print the documents, firstly you need to add a printer to the computer. The most common way to connect your printer is by using the USB cable and that turns your printer to a local printer. You can also install the wireless printer or you can add printer to computer on the network.
How to add printer to computer?
Below all the scenarios to add a printer to the computer are covered:
- Add a Local Printer
- Connect the printer to the computer via USB cable and turn it on.
- From the start menu, open ‘Settings App’.
- Click ‘Devices’.
- Click ‘Add Printer or Scanner’ to add printer to computer.
- If windows detect the printer, click the printer name and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
If Windows is unable to find the connected printer, choose ‘The printer I want is not listed’ and allow the windows troubleshooting guide to find the printer. Visit the manufacturer website and download printer drivers, if it does not work.
Add Wireless Printer
- Open the wireless setup page by using the LCD Panel of the printer.
- Choose your wireless network.
- Enter the network password to add a printer to the computer.
Add shared printer
Home networking feature of windows called Home Group shares the printer and some other files automatically with a computer present on the Home Network.
Set Home Group
- Right-click the ‘Wireless Icon’ present in the taskbar and choose ‘Open Network and Sharing Center’.
- click ‘Read to create’ option present next to the HomeGroup.
- Click on create homegroup button.
- Tap to Next.
- Choose what you want to share. By default ‘Printer and Device’ are shared.
- Note down the Homegroup password.
- Tap to finish.
Connect to a shared printer on HomeGroup
- Click HomeGroup and after that Join Now button in your windows explorer.
- Tap to next.
- Verify what you want to share and tap to next.
- Enter the password and click Next.
- Tap to finish and process to add a printer to the computer is complete. You can see the printer status on your windows explorer.
By following these simple steps you can add a printer to the computer. If you are unable to install the printer by your own, contact printer expert for the help.