Add Printer to Chromebook
For printing hard copies, a user needs a printer. While printing documents, some users find it easy, and on the other hand, some people face complexities in this task. One of the easiest ways to print the documents can be to Add Printer to Chromebook. Yes! A user can simply add and use the printer on his Chromebook.
A user can print any item from the Chromebook’s list of printers. You can also print from the Google Chrome Browser of the Chromebook by adding the printer to the cloud print.
1. Connecting the Printer
- Check and make sure that your printer is turned on. The print must be plugged-in.
- Skip and move to the ‘Cloud Print’ Method, if you want to print from the Google Account.
2. Connect the Printer to Wireless Network, if required
- If your printer is not connected to the wireless network, then connect it first. Select your wireless network and enter the password to connect to it.
- Still If your printer can’t connect to the WiFi network, skip to the last step.
3. Open the Chrome WiFi Menu to Add Printer
- Click the ‘Profile’ icon present in the lower-right corner of the screen. Select the ‘WiFi’ logo and it will open the WiFi menu.
4. Select Network to add printer to Chromebook
- Click on the network to which your printer is connected.
- Your printer and chrome book must be connected to the same network to use the printer.
5. Enter the Network Password
- Enter the password you use to login to the network.
- Click on the Connect button present below the password text field. Now, you are all set to Add Printer.
6. Connect your printer using the USB cable instead
- If your printer is unable to connect to the network, you can also plug-in the Chromebook using the USB cable. Plugin one end of the USB cable to Chromebook and the other end to the printer.
- Some of the printers support USB to USB cable to connect the printer whereas the other uses USB to Printer cable.
Adding the Printer to Chromebook
- Click on your Account icon. The icon is present in the bottom right corner of the screen. A popup menu will display on the screen.
- Select the setting option in the popup menu. This will open the settings.
- Tick on the ‘Advanced’ option. You may need to scroll down to select this option.
- Click on the Printer. You can find this option in the ‘Printing’ section.
- Select the ‘Add Printer’ option. Doing so will open the list of available printers.
- Choose your printer. Click on the name of the printer that you want to select.
- Tap on the ‘Add’ option. This option is present below the printer name. This will connect the printer to Chromebook. Once you are done, you can print the documents using the printer from Chromebook.
- If asked, you need to provide the model number or name of your printer before you proceed further.
So, these are some simple instructions you need to follow to add a printer to Chromebook. The process is very simple, just follow the guidelines carefully to avoid the hassle in the process of printing documents using the printer from Chromebook.
If you still have some doubts or are facing a problem, feel free to contact our experts.
Also Checkout – Add Canon Printer To Mac